Pauca Verba is Latin for A Few Words.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Jesus Falls Yet Again ~ The Ninth Station


"Ringing in our conscience...climb higher."

In every life there are choices to be made between right and wrong, good and evil. My conscience is an inner light that reveals and beckons, "No, not that way, but this." And while the rest of my self grows, so can my conscience grow and evolve. Or a conscience can stay un-evolved: ignored and unformed, weak and incapable of doing its job, leaving me helpless and prone to sad mistakes. Or I can choose to ignore my conscience, however much it tries to make itself known. 

But we grow in goodness, and along the way I mature as God's child. I will stay on my feet and choose well. At another time, while I may struggle mightily, still I'll fall, perhaps hard. I am never to be discouraged. While the falls of Jesus along the way to Calvary are not moral failures, they do re-assure me that Jesus understands weakness and sees my rising up to carry on as the only real option.

Pope John XXIII said, "We are all called to be saints. Every one of us has heard, and still hears, ringing in our conscience the command, 'climb higher'."

Our Father Who Art in Heaven...
Hail Mary full of grace...
Glory be to the Father...